Awd Tuts Cottage Terms & Conditions
- By completing the cottage Booking Reservation Form and/or making a booking via e-mail or by a telephone booking arrangement you agree to be bound by the ‘legally binding’ terms and conditions shown on this page. You are accepting that you have read and fully understand ‘Awd Tuts Cottages’ Terms & Conditions stated here. By making a booking with us you are agreeing to accept all terms and conditions stated therein and that you will comply with them.
- YOUR SAFETY AT OUR COTTAGE:
This cottage is strictly a non-smoking cottage. We do not allow smoking anywhere on the premises. We ask that all guests follow these simple rules for their own safety and that of their family and friends. All doors in the cottage should be closed as much as possible especially when you go out for the day or go to bed. This practice can delay a fire and save lives. We ask that oven, hob, grill etc are turned off at all times unless you are in attendance at the cottage. We advise that the key is left in the front door lock (inside the lounge) for easy and speedy exit in case of an emergency. In case of a fire we ask that you leave the property immediately and call 999 asking for the Fire Department. Our address is 2 New Way Ghaut YO22 4DH which is next to the Friendship Rowing Club off Church Street near to the harbour.
- The cottage must be left clean and tidy and in a very similar clean and tidy state as you found it upon arrival. Any waste or rubbish etc that you have accrued during your stay to be disposed of correctly and not left in the cottage. We will charge at cost for extra cleaning time if this condition is not met.
- For all bookings a non-refundable deposit per week or part week booked is required. This cost will be indicated to you when you make your booking.
(deposit is Payable within 1 ‘working’ day of confirmation of booking or booking may be cancelled). The deposit fee secures your holiday dates, and it will be deducted from the total amount owing.
- Payment for your booking is to be made by Bank Transfer direct to our bank account. This is free of charge. Any payment made via credit or debit card will incur a *3.9% surcharge to cover the fees we incur for this type of payment. You will need to add 3.9% to your TOTAL cottage booking amount. *Please note if you are from outside of the United Kingdom the PayPal Charge is 4.4% extra due to PayPal Cross Border charges. You need to ensure that any fees charged by any bank, or exchange rate differences, be borne by yourselves and not by us.
- For young groups aged 18 or less or at Christmas, New Year, Goth Weekends and certain other ‘high risk’ times an extra, refundable’ damage deposit is required.
- Your balance payment must be paid in full 60 days before your arrival date, or immediately if less than 60 days until your arrival date remain otherwise your booking may be cancelled. The total balance must be paid in full before you will be allowed access to the cottage.
- All our correspondence to you is via email. It is your responsibility to keep us informed of your current contact email address. We will send you payment acknowledgements and information on receiving the cottage key for access.
- You are responsible for ensuring that we receive the final balance for your break. Reminders are not sent out to you.
- If you cancel your booking less than 60 days before your arrival date or you do not pay the full outstanding balance to us when due, you will be charged the full amount of your break. If we can rebook the cottage for the same price your payments received, minus your initial deposit amount will be refunded.
Any payment due to you will only be paid after the full balance is received from the new ‘bookees’.
If the cottage is booked for a lesser price/s (note: this may entail multiple bookings) than that you originally agreed to pay, you will still be liable to pay us the difference between the new amounts. This ensures that we receive the original price (minus ‘extra’ cleaning payments for multiple bookings) that we agreed with you.
This is your binding contract with us. If we must cancel your booking (unless in breach of our terms) we will return all monies paid.
- If you cancel your booking more than 60 days before your arrival date, we will refund to you all payments made to date (minus any credit / debit card charges and any external booking agent fees minus your non-returnable deposit).
If cancelling your booking (made via any other website except whitby-cottage.co.uk) we will not make any refund in this instance.
- If within 14 days of making a booking you would like to change your originally booked dates (unless this falls within 12 weeks of your originally booked date) we will try, but cannot promise, to accommodate your request.
A fee of £50 is chargeable per booking date change. We will not make any refunds in this instance and your initial deposit minus the £50 fee will part-fund your new booking dates. Any booking change must be taken within one calendar year of your initial booking ‘arrival date’.
- It is a guest’s responsibility to purchase adequate Holiday Insurance. We strongly advise that you have holiday insurance in place to cover you for cancellation or ‘no show’ due to bad weather, breakdowns, family illnesses, virus’s, deaths, cancelled transport or similar as we are not liable for these unexpected eventualities.
- Electric vehicle charging at the property is NOT allowed. We have downgraded the capacity of our main incoming supply fuse. This will blow, leaving you without power to the property. This is outside of our control and may not be swiftly remedied.
- It is a guest’s responsibility to let us know, in advance of booking with us, if they have any condition or ailment that may in some way affect our normal cottage running protocol. This could possibly be, for us having to change our procedures or practices or cottage systems to suit the guest. We then reserve the right not to accept your booking as we may not be able to reasonably conform to your expectations.
- A washing machine and a tumble dryer are provided in our laundry room. We do NOT advertise this as they are for OUR OWN USE. They are not included as part of your normal booking but are there as a ‘convenience’ only, if required by you. Both items are chargeable, and a £1 coin pre-payment meter is provided to enable their usage. These are the only chargeable costs at the cottage should you wish to use these optional extras.
- Guests will ‘officially’ be admitted from 4pm on the day of arrival and must vacate the cottage by 10am on the day of Departure unless a ‘chargeable’ (but optional) £20 noon departure is booked in advance.
- We reserve the right to levy an additional charge if the cottage is not vacated on time.
- Awd tuts Cottage sleeps up to 5 adults comfortably. The number of people staying in the cottage must NOT exceed this number. In addition, we also allow a child in cot.
- Cot bedding to be provided by guests – we DO NOT provide this.
- Gas, electricity, central heating, and all bedding is provided in the cost of your stay. We do not leave the heating on for 24 hours per day. The cottage heating is set to 22 degrees C, and timed as follows: ON at 0730 for 3 hours. On at 1315 for 3.5 hours. On at 1830 for 5.5 hours.
- To keep your costs down (since COVID 19) we now offer you the option to bring your own towels. We find many guests prefer this. You can hire from us if required for £4 per set. (One set = 1 bath towel and 1 hand towel)
- A cottage Booking Reservation Form must be completed for each stay showing your genuine address and contact details and sent to us by email.
- All persons staying in the cottage must be listed on the ‘Booking Reservation Form’ for insurance purposes.
- Windows and doors must be kept securely closed and always locked when guests not in the property.
- When guests vacate, all doors and windows to be closed, locked, and made secure before you leave.
- On your departure the cottage key to be returned to the ‘key safe’ where you found it on your arrival. The numbers to be re-jumbled to lock it securely.
- The purpose of this letting is to confer on the ‘guests’ the right to occupy premises for a holiday only and only during the term indicated on the Booking Reservation Form and reserved with no other rights of occupation.
- We do not allow sub-letting of the property under any circumstances. We reserve the right to terminate the rental forthwith and at any time if the action of sub-letting is discovered. The rental will be deemed to have been cancelled by the ‘guest’. Charges as set out in our terms will apply.
- Only the persons named on the ‘Booking Reservation Form’ shall occupy the cottage (We reserve the right to refuse admission if this condition is not observed)
- The owner reserves the right to enter the premises at any ‘reasonable’ time for access and / or remedial work.
- ‘Guests’ must comply with the instructions manual pack for use of the appliances provided. T.V, washing machines, fridge/freezes, dishwashers, showers, microwaves, toasters etc. These items cannot be guaranteed in the event of a breakdown, but we will rectify problems as soon as possible.
- All visitors are responsible for their own personal belongings during their stay.
- Reasonable care must be taken regarding furniture, fixtures and fittings.
- We try to ensure all cottage appliances/systems are working correctly.
In the event of appliance/system failure, unsuitable heating setting or fault, we will rectify as soon as possible. We do not issue refunds arising from problems due to unforeseen circumstances. We cannot be held responsible for events beyond our control e.g. external services or breakdown. It is your responsibility to inform us of problems immediately and we will attempt to put right the problem as soon as we possibly can.
- Any damages, breakages or loss of any equipment is the legal responsibility of the guests and will be chargeable.
- We do not accept any responsibility and cannot be held accountable for any loss, damage or injury that occurs from the use of this cottage or its contents.
- By staying in the cottage, you agree to take full responsibility for your own safety and well-being. Also, for the safety and wellbeing of all other persons in your party.
- Items left in the cottage after departure, can be posted back to you.
A £10.00 minimum fee will apply (payable in advance) for P&P. If the cost is above £10.00, we will request the higher amount from you. We will obtain proof of posting receipt and mail as soon as possible by 2nd class post. We are not responsible for any left items that you leave behind.
- Lost keys will be charged at £20.00 per key
- The ‘guests’ shall indemnify the ‘owners’ against all actions, loss, damages, and costs whatsoever, in consequence of any claim by any person arising out of any act or default on the part of the guest or any member of his / her party throughout the booking period.
- Pets: may possibly be allowed but only after discussion with The Owner.
If allowed, pets are never to be left unattended and must always be controlled and supervised. Any damage or mess caused by pets is the guest’s responsibility and must be paid for by the guest. A small charge per pet will apply per week or part week. Pets are not allowed in bedrooms or on any items of furniture even with their own blankets.
- Cottage Special Offers: We make various reduced rate offers and free night offers throughout the year. You are only eligible for these offers at the time of your initial booking. Any offer which coincides with your booked dates but not brought to our attention until a later date is not eligible and you will not be considered for any refund or free nights.
All offers are singular and cannot be combined with other arrangements made separately with us.
Offers are only applicable to bookings made solely via www.whitby-cottage.co.uk and not via any external advertising third party companies that we use for booking or advertising purposes.