Riverside Cottage Terms and Conditions
By completing the cottage Booking Reservation Form and/or making a booking via e-mail or by a telephone booking arrangement you agree to be bound by the ‘legally binding’ terms and conditions shown on this page. You are accepting that you have read and fully understand ‘Awd Tuts Cottages’ Terms & Conditions stated here. By making a booking with us you are agreeing to accept all terms and conditions stated therein and that you will comply with them.
YOUR SAFETY AT OUR COTTAGE:
This cottage is strictly a non-smoking cottage. We do not allow smoking anywhere on the premises. We ask that all guests follow the following simple rules for their own safety and that of their family and friends. All doors in the cottage should be closed as much as possible especially when you go out for the day or go to bed. This practice can delay a fire and save lives. We ask that oven, hob, grill, fans etc are turned off at all times unless you are in attendance at the cottage. We advise that the door key is left in the front door lock for easy and speedy exit in case of an emergency. this will save hunting for a key at what may be a critical time. In case of a fire we ask that you leave the property immediately and call 999 asking for the Fire Department. Our address is 7 Riverside Walk YO22 4NY which is beneath the old Victorian railway viaduct over the River Esk.
- The cottage must be left clean and tidy and in a very similar state to how you found it on your arrival. Any waste or rubbish etc that you have accrued during your stay to be disposed of correctly and not left in the cottage.
- For all bookings a non-refundable deposit per week or part week booked is required.
(deposit is Payable within 1 day of confirmation of booking or we may cancel the booking.) The above deposit fee secures your holiday dates and it will be deducted from the total amount owing.
- Payment for your booking is to be made by Bank Transfer direct to our bank account. This is free of charge.
Payment can also be made via credit or debit card although this will incur a *3.9% surcharge to cover the fees we incur for this type of payment. You will need to add 3.9% to your TOTAL cottage booking amount. * Please note if you are from outside of the United Kingdom the Paypal Charge is 4.4% extra due to Paypal 0.5% Cross Border charges. You must ensure that any fees charged by any bank, or exchange rate differences, be borne by yourselves and not by us.
- For young groups aged 18 or less or at Christmas, New Year, Goth Weekends and certain other ‘high risk’ times an extra, **‘refundable’ damage deposit is required. **This will be paid back to you within a few days of departure should everything be satisfactory.
- Your balance payment must be paid in full 60 days before your booked date, or immediately, if less than 60 days until your ‘Arrival date’ remain. The balance must be paid in full before you will be allowed access to the cottage.
- All our correspondence to you is via email. It is your responsibility to keep us informed of your current contact email address so that we can send you payment acknowledgements and also information on receiving the cottage key to enable access to the property.
- You are responsible for ensuring that we receive the final balance for your break when it is due as reminders are not sent out to you.
- If you cancel your booking LESS than 60 days before your arrival date or you do not pay the full outstanding balance to us when due, you will be charged the full amount of your break. If we are able to rebook the cottage for the same price agreed with you initially, your payments received, minus your the deposit amount will be refunded to you. Any payment due to you will only be paid after the full balance is received from the new ‘bookees’. If the cottage is booked for a lesser price/s (note: this may entail multiple bookings) than that you originally agreed to pay, you will still be liable to pay us the difference between the new amounts to ensure that we receive the original price (minus ‘extra’ cleaning payments for multiple bookings) that we had agreed with you and which you acknowledged on your booking form which is your binding contract with us.
- In the unlikely event that we have to cancel your booking (unless you are in breach of any condition within our terms) we will return all monies paid to date, back to you within seven days.
- If you cancel your booking (made via whitby-cottage.co.uk) MORE than 60 days before your arrival date we will refund to you all payments made to date (minus any credit / debit card charges and minus your non returnable deposit).
If you cancel your booking (made via any other website except www.whitby-cottage.co.uk) we will not make any refund in this instance.
- If within 14 days of you making a booking you would like to change your originally booked dates (unless this falls within 12 weeks of your originally booked date) we will try, but cannot promise, to accommodate your request. A fee of £50 is chargeable per booking date change. We will not make any refunds in this instance and your initial deposit minus the £50 fee will part-fund your new booking dates. Any booking change must be taken within one calendar year of your initial booking ‘start date’.
- Electric vehicle charging at the property is NOT allowed. We have downgraded the capacity of our main incoming supply fuse. This will blow, leaving you without power to the property. This is outside of our control and may not be swiftly remedied.
- It is a guests responsibility to let us know, in advance of booking with us, if they have any condition or ailment that may in some way affect our normal cottage running protocol. This could possibly be, for us having to change our procedures or practices or cottage systems to suit the guest. We then reserve the right not to accept your booking as we may not be able to reasonably conform to your expectations.
- It is a guests responsibility to purchase adequate Holiday Insurance. We strongly advise that you have holiday insurance in place to cover you for cancellation or ‘no show’ due to bad weather, breakdowns, family illnesses, virus’s, deaths, cancelled transport or similar as we are not liable for these unexpected eventualities.
- A washing machine is provided in the cottage. We do not advertise this. It is for OUR OWN use. It can serve for your use as a ‘convenience only’ to save you using a Launderette if needed. The washing machine is chargeable and a £1 coin pre-payment meter is provided to enable its usage. This is the only chargeable cost at the cottage should you wish to use this optional facility.
- Guests will ‘officially’ be admitted from 4pm on the day of arrival although we may possibly get you in earlier. You must vacate the cottage by 10am on the day of Departure unless a ‘chargeable’ £20, 12 noon departure is booked in advance.
- We reserve the right to levy an additional charge if the cottage is not vacated on time.
- Riverside Cottage sleeps up to 6 adults comfortably and one child in cot. The number of people staying in the cottage must NOT exceed this number.
- Cot bedding to be provided by guests as we do not provide this.
- Gas, electricity, central heating and all bedding is provided in the cost of your stay. We do not leave the heating on for 24 hours per day. The cottage heating is set to 22 degrees C and timed as follows: ON at 0730 for 3 hours. On at 1315 for 3.5 hours. On at 1830 for 5.5 hours. You can turn down the thermostat if you wish.
- To keep your costs down (since COVID 19) we now offer you the option to bring your own towels. We find many guests prefer this.
We can provide towel sets as an optional extra if required for a small charge of £4 per set (one set = 1 bath towel and 1 hand towel) You will not be charged for towels if you don’t require them.
- A cottage Booking Reservation Form must be completed for each stay showing your genuine address and contact details and sent to us via our website. (except for 3rd party bookings)
- All persons staying in the cottage must be listed on the ‘Booking Reservation Form’ for insurance purposes. (except for 3rd party bookings)
- Windows and doors must be kept securely closed and locked at all times when the property is not being occupied.
- When the property is vacated, all doors and windows are required to be closed, locked and made secure before you leave.
- The cottage key on your departure is to be put back into the ‘key safe’ where you found it on your arrival. The numbers to be re-jumbled to lock it securely.
- It is hereby agreed that the purpose of this letting is to confer on the ‘guests’ the right to occupy the house and premises for a holiday only and only during the term indicated and reserved, with no other rights of occupation.
- We do not allow sub-letting of the property under any circumstances. We will terminate the rental forthwith and at any time if the action of sub-letting is discovered. The rental will be deemed to have been cancelled by the ‘guest’ and charges as set out in our terms will apply.
- No one but the persons named on the ‘Booking Reservation Form’ shall occupy the cottage (We reserve the right to refuse admission if this condition is not observed)
- The owner reserves the right to enter the premises at any reasonable time for access and / or remedial work
Riverside Cottage Terms
- ‘Guests’ must comply with the instructions found in the cottage instruction manual pack in the accommodation for use of the appliances provided. T.V, washing machines, fridge/freezes, dishwashers, showers, microwaves, toasters and DVD player etc. These items cannot be guaranteed in the event of a breakdown during your stay but everything will be done to repair or replace the faulty item as soon as possible.
- All visitors are responsible for their own personal belongings during their stay.
- Reasonable care must be taken with regard to furniture, fixtures and fittings.
- Whilst we try to ensure all cottage appliances and systems are working correctly, in the event of any appliance or system failure, breakdown, unsuitable heating setting or fault, we will endeavour to rectify such problems as soon as we possibly can. We do not issue refunds arising from problems due to unforeseen circumstances. We cannot be held responsible for events beyond our control eg external services or breakdown. It is your responsibility to inform us of any problems immediately whereby we will attempt to put right the problem in as short a timescale as we possibly can.
- Any damages, breakages or loss of any of our equipment is the legal responsibility of the guests and as such will be chargeable.
- We do not accept any responsibility and cannot be held accountable for any loss, damage or injury that occurs from the misuse of this cottage or its contents.
- By staying in the cottage you agree to take full responsibility for your own safety and well-being, and also for the safety and well being of all other persons in your party.
- Any items left in the cottage after your departure, can, if you wish, be posted back to your home address. A £10.00 minimum fee will apply (payable by you, in advance) for post and packaging unless the cost is above £10.00 where we will request the higher amount from you. We will obtain proof of posting receipt and mail as soon as possible by 2nd class post. We cannot be held responsible for any left items that you leave behind.
- Lost keys will be charged at £20.00 per key
- The ‘guests’ shall indemnify the ‘owners’ against all actions, loss, damages and costs whatsoever, in consequence of any claim by any person arising out of any act or default on the part of the guest or any member of his / her party throughout the booking period.
- Pets: may possibly be allowed at a small charge but only after discussion with The Owner.
If allowed, pets are never to be left unattended and must always be controlled and supervised. Pets are not allowed in bedrooms or on furniture, not even with their own bedding. Any damage or mess caused by pets is the guests responsibility and must be paid for by the guest. The charge per pet will apply per week or part week.
- Cottage Special Offers: We make various reduced rate offers and free night offers throughout the year. You are only eligible for these offers at the time of your initial booking. Any offer which coincides with your booked dates but not brought to our attention until a later date is not eligible and you will not be considered for any refund or free nights. All offers are singular and cannot be combined with other arrangements made separately with us. Offers are only applicable to bookings made solely via whitby-cottage.co.uk and not via any external advertising third party companies that we use for booking or advertising purposes.