CoronaVirus (Covid 19) Policy – UPDATE to 10th OCTOBER 2020
Awd Tuts Cottage & Riverside Cottage update – please read this page fully to the end as booking date restricions do apply.
These updates to our Terms & Conditions policy will be effective ONLY whilst Government Covid-19 travel restrictions (Lock-Downs) continue to limit people from travelling unnecessarily beyond their own home OR if Whitby has restrictions imposed OR if a national Lock-down is in place OR an applicable ‘No Travel Tier’ exists. In these instances, we are operating an updated Terms and Conditions which are subject to that stated below.
This Policy is for applicable Lock Downs or Tiers (that affect your booking) and not for persons contracting Covid-19.
If your area OR Whitby area is not in Lockdown OR a national lockdown is NOT in force, then your original break should be taken as normal and our normal terms and conditions will apply to you.
When applicable Government Lock-Downs end, our Covid-19 Terms & Conditions will revert back to the original Terms as specified in the two links below.
The link to Awd Tuts original terms can be found HERE
The link to Riverside Cottage original terms can be found HERE
For Reservations made before 24th March 2020
We have relaxed our ‘original’ Terms & Conditions Policy to better suit our guests due to the Coronavirus outbreak.
Please read all of the following changes and then decide what you would like to do in regard to your upcoming stay/s at our holiday cottages. The relaxed policy changes below cover up to one calendar month from TODAYS date only (ie whenever today is)
For dates outside of one calendar month away, our normal terms and conditions will still apply.
However, within the above timeframe, the following will now apply:
Changes we have made to benefit you in Lock-Down circumstances:
1) We have now reduced our ‘Balance Due’ date from 60 days before your arrival date to just 21 days before your arrival date. This now gives you 5 extra weeks to make a decision whether to pay your balance or not. Before the new 21 day ‘Balance Due’ date, you will need to decide (in good time please) whether to pay your balance and arrive at the cottage as planned or to cancel your booking – see applicable OPTION 1 & OPTION 2 below.
2) You will no longer be required to forfeit the total fee paid if you cancel your booking less than 60 days before your ‘arrival’ date in Lock-Down circumstances. We will now allow you to cancel within 30 days to 21 days before your arrival date whereby we will now make a refund to you if your balance has been paid in full – see applicable OPTION 1 & OPTION 2 below.
3) We will now allow guests the choice to rearrange their original arrival dates to later on in this year or into 2021 if in a Lock Down situation – see applicable OPTION 1 & OPTION 2 below.
OPTION 1: Is to cancel completely. You will however forfeit 100% of your deposit payment but you will NOW receive back all other monies paid to date.
OPTION 2: We offer you the choice to arrive as planned or to move your holiday to different dates (costing the same price or more) up to one calendar year from your original booking date. You will not lose any of your deposit in this instance. Any payments already made will be carried over as part payment of the new holiday dates.
If choosing OPTION 2 we need to be informed before the final 21 day ‘Balance Due’ date or OPTION 1 will become the default. Please make a note of your own timescale dates.
If you have already paid your full balance then we will NOW refund the balance or carry over any monies paid to date (minus the applicable deposit options as above) depending on which of the two options you choose.
To sum up:
In a Lock-Down situation, within the 30 to 21 day time frame before your original arrival date you now have the choice to proceed with your break or cancel in line with the above 2 options and dates.
1) You can transfer your originally booked break to a later date for another (Single) Break up to one calendar year from your original reservation date for bookings costing the same price or more
2) If the cost is higher we will ask you to pay the difference between that already paid and the new cost when the balance payment falls due.
3) If you decide to cancel rather than transfer your booking, then you will not pay the balance required, the holiday will be deemed cancelled and you will not be liable to incur the normal penalties – OPTION 1 will therefore apply.
For Reservations made on or after 24th March 2020 – until 10th Oct 2020
All bookings however made after 24th March 2020 are still subject to our normal terms and conditions. However, reservations for breaks made after 24th March 2020 will also be allowed to be moved at no charge if an appropriate Lock-Down or Coronavirus Tier Alert level exists that stops you travelling, is in force at the time of your booked arrival date.
Covid Policy Update – after 10th October 2020:
The update on Policy changes shown below, cover up to one calendar month from TODAYS date only (ie whenever today is) This Policy change is for Lock Downs or Tier restrictions that stop unnecessary travelling and not for persons contracting Covid-19.
In the event of further or ongoing lockdowns (applicable only – that affect your booking at the time of travel) – we will continue to allow the transfer of your original break to a later date. This date can be up to one calendar year from your original reservation date at no extra cost to you. (this is for a single break, costing the same price, or more than the original booked break, however you can also take a lower priced break for the same number of nights or less. Refunds will not be given and any payments already paid will be classed as part or full payment towards your newly transferred dates)
If your area OR Whitby area is NOT in Lockdown OR a national lockdown OR applicable ‘No Travel’ Tier Restriction is NOT in place, then your original break should be taken as normal and our normal terms and conditions will apply to you.
We have tried hopefully to make our policy for cancellation or holiday date transfer much more considerate for our guests. It may not be the perfect solution for everyone and we are really sorry for that. Nevertheless, we have endeavoured to be very fair in our approach to the many people who have booked with us and we hope for your understanding of our approach as this epidemic continues.
Our ‘normal’ Terms & Conditions which all of our guests must accept before any booking is accepted has always stated that we advise people to take out applicable Travel Insurance to cover varying eventualities. This is the guests responsibility which would have covered all 2020 bookings made prior to March 2020. Many people who this may affect will have adequate insurance cover already in place to enable them to get a full refund. If you feel the need to cancel your holiday and are subject to our ‘normal’ Terms and Conditions, we can provide you with cancellation paperwork for your insurance company.
Mike and Louise