Information / rules, in allowing Pets to stay in our Cottages
Dear Potential Guest
We are pet lovers and have kept dogs for over 50 years now. However, due to past problems, we do not always allow pets to stay. We have certain rules which we expect pet owners to follow and which we inform you of before we take your booking.
- There are restricted areas and pets are not allowed in bedrooms or on beds at anytime?
- We would expect you to keep clean the area where your dog eats.
- Pets are never allowed on the furniture – not even with their own blanket which can be impregnated with pet-hair already.
- Any mess your pet makes needs to be cleaned up and disposed of immediately in a tied up bag and the area cleaned up again.
- Your pet should have its own sleeping basket / blanket / cushion etc – this should always be placed on the floor.
- Pets should not be left alone or unattended.
- Guests are responsible for any mess, damage, or extra cleaning that a pet creates. We leave a dustpan and brush at the cottage also a vacuum cleaner for guests use re hair/mess – guests should make use of these please.
Please don’t be affronted by our rules! You are no doubt, a responsible owner but sadly, some owners are not!
Please assist us by following the few reasonable conditions above.
Our rules above are simply common sense expectations. They are for the benefit of everyone. If you feel that you cannot accept the requests above, regretfully, we would rather you book elsewhere – thank you.
Hopefully, we will continue allowing your well behaved pets to stay. This does depend upon individual pet owner’s undertakings in helping us make this work.
Thank you very much
Mike & Louise