Awd Tuts Cottage Terms & Conditions
- By completing the cottage Booking Reservation Form and/or making a booking via e-mail or by a telephone booking arrangement you agree to be bound by the ‘legally binding’ terms and conditions shown on this page. You are accepting that you have read and fully understand ‘Awd Tuts Cottages’ Terms & Conditions as stated here on the whitby-cottage.co.uk website. You agree to accept all terms and conditions stated therein.
- In the interests of our guests and to better cater for guests with allergies,in order to maintain high standards, the cottage is strictly non-smoking
- The cottage must be left clean and tidy and in a very similar clean and tidy state as you found it upon arrival. Any waste or rubbish etc that you have accrued during your stay to be disposed of correctly and not left in the cottage. We will charge at cost for extra cleaning time if this condition is not met.
- For all bookings £399 or less, a non-refundable deposit of £125 per week or part week booked is required.
For all bookings £400 or more, a non-refundable deposit of £175 per week or part week booked is required.
(deposit is Payable within 1 ‘working’ day of confirmation of booking or booking may be cancelled). The above deposit fee secures your holiday dates and it will be deducted from the total amount owing.
- Payment for your booking is to be made by Bank Transfer direct to our bank account. This is free of charge. Any payment made via credit or debit card will incur a *3.9% surcharge to cover the fees we incur for this type of payment. You will need to add 3.9% to your TOTAL cottage booking amount.*Please note if you are from outside of the United Kingdom the Paypal Charge is 4.4% extra due to Paypals Cross Border charges. You need to ensure that any fees charged by any bank, or exchange rate differences, be borne by yourselves and not by us.
- For young groups aged 18 or less or at Christmas, New Year, Goth Weekends and certain other ‘high risk’ times an extra, **’refundable’ damage deposit is required. ** Pick here for details.
- Your balance payment must be paid in full 60 days before your arrival date, or immediately if less than 60 days until your arrival date remain otherwise your booking may be cancelled. The total balance must be paid in full before you will be allowed access to the cottage.
- All our correspondance to you is via email. It is your responsibility to keep us informed of your current contact email address. We will send you payment acknowledgements and information on receiving the cottage key for access.
- You are responsible for ensuring that we receive the final balance for your break. Reminders are not sent out to you.
If you cancel your booking less than 60 days before your arrival date or you do not pay the full outstanding balance to us when due, you will be charged the full amount of your break. If we can rebook the cottage for the same price your payments received, minus deposit will be refunded.
Any payment due to you will only be paid after the full balance is received from the new ‘bookees’.
If the cottage is booked for a lesser price/s (note: this may entail multiple bookings) than that you originally agreed to pay, you will still be liable to pay us the difference between the new amounts. This ensures that we receive the original price (minus ‘extra’ cleaning payments for multiple bookings) that we agreed with you.
This is your binding contract with us. If we have to cancel your booking (unless in breach of our terms) we will return all monies paid.
- If you cancel your booking more than 60 days before your arrival date we will refund to you all payments made to date (minus any credit / debit card charges and any external booking agent fees minus your non returnable deposit).
By cancelling your booking (made via any other website except whitby-cottage.co.uk) more than 60 days of your arrival date we will refund to you all payments made to date (minus any credit / debit card charges and any external booking agent fees, minus your deposit).
- If within 14 days of making a booking you would like to change your originally booked dates (unless this falls within 12 weeks of your originally booked date) we will try, but cannot promise, to accommodate your request.
A fee of £50 is chargeable per booking date change. We will not make any refunds in this instance and your initial deposit minus the £50 fee will part-fund your new booking dates. Any booking change must be taken within one calendar year of your initial booking ‘arrival date’.
- Please ensure you have adequate insurance to cover you for cancellation or ‘no show’ due to bad weather, family illnessess or similar as we are not liable for these eventualities.
- A washing machine and a tumble dryer are provided in our laundry room. They are not included as part of a normal booking but there as a ‘convenience only item’ if required.
Both items are chargeable and a £1 coin pre-payment meter is provided to enable their usage. These are the only chargeable costs at the cottage should you wish to use these optional extras.
- Guests will ‘officially’ be admitted from 4pm on the day of arrival and must vacate the cottage by 10am on the day of Departure unless a ‘chargeable’ £15 noon departure is booked in advance.
- We reserve the right to levy an additional charge if the cottage is not vacated on time.
- Awd tuts Cottage sleeps up to 5 adults comfortably. The number of people staying in the cottage must NOT exceed this number.
- Cot bedding to be provided by guests – we DO NOT provide this.
- Gas, electricity, central heating and all bedding is provided in the cost of your
- To keep your costs down, we offer you the option to bring your own towels.
Our towels are chargeable as an optional extra if required at £3 per set. (one set = 1 bath towel and 1 hand towel)
- A cottage Booking Reservation Form must be completed for each stay showing your genuine address and contact details and sent to us by email.
- All persons staying in the cottage must be listed on the ‘Booking Form’ for insurance purposes.
- Windows and doors must be kept securely closed and locked at all times when guests not in the property.
- When guests vacate, all doors and windo to be closed, locked and made secure before you leave.
- On your departure the cottage key to be returned to the ‘key safe’ where you found it on your arrival. The numbers to be re-jumbled to lock it securely.
- The purpose of this letting is to confer on the ‘guests’ the right to occupy premises for a holiday only.
Only during the term indicated and reserved with no other rights of occupation.
- We do not allow sub-letting of the property under any circumstances. We reserve the right to terminate the rental forthwith and at any time if the action of sub-letting is discovered. The rental will be deemed to have been cancelled by the ‘guest’. Charges as set out in our terms will apply.
- No one but the persons named on the ‘Booking Reservation Form‘ shall occupy the cottage (We reserve the right to refuse admission if this condition is not observed)
- The owner reserves the right to enter the premises at any reasonable time for access and / or remedial work
- ‘Guests’ must comply with the instructions manual pack for use of the appliances provided. T.V, washing machines, fridge/freezes, dishwashers, showers, microwaves, toasters, CD and DVD player etc. These items cannot be guaranteed in the event of a breakdown but we will sort as soon as possible.
- All visitors are responsible for their own personal belongings during their stay.
- Reasonable bcare must e taken with regard to furniture, fixtures and fittings.
- We try to ensure all cottage appliances/systems are working correctly.
In the event of appliance/system failure, unsuitable heating setting or fault, we will rectify as soon as possible. We do not issue refunds arising from problems due to unforeseen circumstances. We cannot be held responsible for events beyond our control eg external services or breakdown. It is your responsibility to inform us of problems immediately. We will attempt to put right the problem as soon as we possibly can.
- Any damages, breakages or loss of any equipment is the legal responsibility of the guests and will be chargeable.
- We do not accept any responsibility and cannot be held accountable for any loss, damage or injury that occurs from the use of this cottage or its contents.
- By staying in the cottage you agree to take full responsibility for your own safety and well-being. Also for the safety and well being of all other persons in your party.
- items left in the cottage after departure, can be posted back to you. £10.00 minimum fee will apply (payable in advance) for P&P. If the cost is above £10.00 we will request the higher amount from you.
We will obtain proof of posting receipt and mail as soon as possible by 2nd class post. We cannot be held responsible for any left items that you leave behind.
- Lost keys will be charged at £10.00 per key
- The ‘guests’ shall indemnify the ‘owners’ against: all actions, loss, damages and costs whatsoever, in consequence of any claim by any person arising out of any act or default on the part of the guest or any member of his / her party throughout the booking period.
- Pets: may possibly be allowed at a charge after discussion with The Owner.
If allowed, pets are never to be left unattended and must always be controlled and supervised. Any damage or mess caused by pets is the guests responsibility and must be paid for by the guest. A small charge per pet will apply per week or part week. Charge is £15 for up to a 3 night break and £20 per week or if 4 nights or more.
- Cottage Special Offers: We make various reduced rate offers and free night offers throughout the year. You are only eligible for these offers at the time of your initial booking.
Any offer which coincides with your booked dates but not brought to our attention until a later date is not eligable and you will not be considered for any refund or free nights.
All offers are singular and cannot be combined with other arrangements made separately with us.
Offers are only applicable to bookings made solely via whitby-cottage.co.uk and not via any external advertising third party companies that we use for booking or advertising purposes.